Our Veterans and Active Duty Deserve Our Utmost!
All of Our Branches Will Be Closed ~ Wednesday, November 11th!
Top Five Facts ~ Veterans Day
- Veterans Day is observed every year on November 11th
- Veterans Day is observed to honor all veterans, both those living and those who are not living
- A Veteran is a man or woman who has served his/her country as a member of one of the armed forces (Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or Marine Corps)
- Armistice means cessation of hostilities or to stop fighting. On November 11, 1918, an armistice was agreed to between Germany and the Allied Forces led by the United States. This was the end of World War I.
- In 1954, Congress passed legislation to replace the word Armistice for Veterans and officially honor all veterans on Veterans Day.