PROTECT YOUR NETTELLER
Fraud can happen anywhere, anytime. While First Citizens Bank employs advanced security technologies to ensure optimum online banking protection, you too have a role to play to help protect yourself and your business against fraudulent transactions.
- Choose a good password! Your password should be hard to guess and should not be found in the dictionary.
- Memorize your password! The best password is useless if it can be found written.
- Don’t share your online banking password. Your password is designed to protect your banking information, but will only work if you keep it to yourself. If you think your password has been compromised, change it immediately and contact the Bank.
- Change your password as often as you wish. (We recommend doing so every 90 days)
- Don’t leave your computer unattended during a NetTeller session. Click “EXIT” to end your session and always sign off once you’ve completed your online banking.
- If anyone else has access to your computer, clear your browser’s cache to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on your hard drive.
- Avoid using public Internet access terminals when conducting online banking.
- Use a reputable anti-malware software and keep it up-to-date with the latest signature files.
- Use a firewall.