- Remember the old adage that pennies make dollars? The idea isn’t new, but as the world advances toward a cashless society, saving your pennies becomes that much harder. But now, First Citizens Bank makes it easy to put your spare change back to work for you.
- The Round Up Savings feature of our First Citizens Bank helps you save automatically every time you make a debit card purchase, while earning interest on your savings.
How It Works:
- When one enrolls the free Round Up Savings program, the amount of any First Citizens Bank Debit Card purchase posted to your checking account (made by you or a joint account owner) is rounded up to the next whole dollar, and the difference is transferred into your savings account.
- At the end of each business day, we add up the “rounded up” amounts on each card transaction (in excess of the purchase prices) and transfer that total from your checking account to your personal savings account. .
- Round Up amounts for purchases are always made on the same day the transaction is posted to your checking account.
How to Enroll:
- Stop by and speak with any customer service representative. You simply need to have an open personal checking and savings account at First Citizens Bank
Track Your Savings:
- It’s easy to keep track of your savings. Just round up the transaction amount in your checkbook each time you make a debit card purchase. Your monthly bank statement will contain an itemized list of transactions, and provide a record of the Round Up Savings transfers and the new balance of your personal Savings Account.